Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doggie Blogs are Great Inspiration

So when I was deciding to specialize in pet photography, I had to do some research.  Is there enough "interest" in pet photography??? 

I found multiple websites and blogs of other people who absolutely love dogs and focus their business on dog photography alone.  I decided to do a blog of some of the other great dog photographers out there.......so in no particular order.

Hot Dog Photography  - this is a business out of Toronto, a fellow Canadian which I love, and she does amazing pet photos.  Anita Peeples' photography is 100% pets, plain and simple!  She is great, because she is great at it.

Next is Oh My Dog Photography - this husband and wife team are based out of California.  They put a little twist on the business because they focus on studio portraiture.  Their photos are classic with a twist, they focus their attention on the dog only, not the background, because again, its in a studio.  If I ever travel to California, I'm definitely going to check out their studio.  Click here to watch a YouTube clip of one of their photo shoots , one word....Priceless!

On to Cowbelly Photography- is a pet photography business based out of Seattle.  Jamie Pflughoeft (owner and photographer) specializes in fun, candid, expressive documentary-style dog and cat photography.  I found her site extremely helpful when deciding to start my business because she does one thing that one other does, she offers advice to other photographers who are getting into the business and she offers workshops as well.  How cool is that?  Also her photography is amazingly beautiful.

Next is Marcia Leeder Photography- her business is based out of Toronto, and unlike some of the other photographers that I've discussed, she not only does pet photography, but she also does family and children photos as well.  I think that its great that she doesn't limit herself, so she's free to explore different aspects of photography all together. 

Charlotte Reeves Photography is another great inspiration for me.  Her business is based out of Australia, and she definitely uses the great landscape in her pet photography.  I love how her website doesn't just show off her amazing pictures, but it also tells you about the dogs personality in each photo.

Lastly, there is Scruffy Dog Photography, which is most entertaining with their almost daily blog with different daily doggies.  This business is based around Toronto and southern Ontario.  I find her pictures are like no other, they are so creative and really capture the essence of pet photography.

So in ending this blog, I can only hope that someday my blog will be as great as these blogs and some new and upcoming photographer mentions me on their blog.

Here is a sneak peak of Scout.....

She is a Sheppard/Husky mix, with lots of spunk.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment